1. Have a daughter that has been driving you crazy for a least a few months to make her a bunny hat.
2. Do a google search and find this website: Luckybeans
3. Follow directions as carefully as possible despite being a very clumsy seamstress.
Notice use of old t-shirt and convenience of bottom hem and side seam.
4. Draw and redraw pattern until you're happy, then cut.
5. Sew sides and top with a sewing machine if you have one. I have one thanks to Goodwill, a 1/2 off sale, and my mom (thanks Mom, see I do use it sometimes!).
A close-up (thanks to Naomi) of my expert seamstressness.