Sunday, March 2, 2008

News Flash: Elections are Rigged

After watching a screening of the movie, Uncounted, last month, I became painfully aware of how corrupt our election process is. In fact, I've been in denial, trying to suppress the knowledge I gleaned from the documentary. If I think about it too much, I lose excitement about the upcoming election, the ability for an individual to make a difference, and lose hope in the possibility of change. Thus, denial and suppression, my friendly defense mechanisms, have come to my rescue.

The trailer of Uncounted, by Nashville filmmaker David Earnhardt:



Undervoting?

Exit Poll Discrepancies?

Electronic Voting?

A threat to our national security and our democratic process? It's not a conspiracy theory!
Not in America! That could only happen in a backward, third-world country!

This whole issue was brought to mind when I saw the following clip today, which thanks to The Onion satirists, puts this whole issue in perfectly depressing perspective.


Diebold Accidentally Leaks Results Of 2008 Election Early

No comments: